This is a family friendly blog. Where we chronicle our life raising 6 kids.Please do not leave comments that are inappropriate, rude, crude or otherwise unacceptable. Thank you.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Impressed by you

Today was a "Wow! What a kid I have day!"
This morning I saw some wrapped gifts sitting on the table.  Shantel asked for a couple of grocery bags, I threw them toward her.  A few minutes later I joined them in the entry area while they finished putting the snow/cold weather gear on and I noticed the bags.  
Mom:  "Hey Shantel what's in the bags?"
Shantel:  "Well, I asked Savanna first!"
Mom: giving her the 'what the heck are you talking about' look.
Shantel:  "Yesterday, I noticed that *Jane's* shoes had holes in them and I thought I could find some that she could use.  Savanna and I got some together.  I also saw that she could use some chapstick and I thought she might like a necklace.  Is that OK?"
Mom:  "Yes that is very nice of you."  I turned away and did my best to hold back the flood.
Then they headed out the door to the bus and I was left to ponder the wonder that is my daughter and the depth of her compassion!  I think she has learned it is more blessed to give than to receive.
*name was changed to protect the innocent.*

10 comments:

TuTu's Bliss said...

That is so sweet! I hope my daughter thinks of others too. Just remember kids mimic what they see so pat your own back. You must be a great model of love and compassion!!

AsThePuckTurns said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! She is definately growing up into a woman. Thank you for sharing this story!

Emy5 said...

A lovely story which shows Shantel has the Christmas spirit.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

What a thoughtful, beautiful daughter you have. She's been taught well.

Unknown said...

What a sweety!!

Maude Lynn said...

What a beautiful girl! What a beautiful moment!

rochelle said...

Way to go Shantel. I'm sure you will be blessed in more ways than you will ever know by showing kindness like that.

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

That's beautiful. What wonderful loving and generous children you are raising. I don't know how you held back the flood - I am here trying to choke back the tears just reading this!

Kellan said...

This brought tears to my eyes - how very sweet and what a good girl! Have a wonderful Christmas - Kellan

latree said...

she is a golden hearted angel...